Outlook Creating an Outlook form

Reaction score
Hello-

I have seen where this question has been asked in several forums but the replies are not very clear. Please forgive for the repeat.

I am trying to create a form in Outlook that will replace the need for an attachment. It is a simple form, which I have been able to create in the design mode in Outlook, but when I send it the "read" version does not display the form.

I would like for a sender to pull up this form in Outlook (which will be pre-addressed to the email recipient), complete a few fields such as invoice number, invoice date, invoice amount and coding. There would also need to be two fields from the Control Toolbox, where the sender would select the date (from a pop up calendar) and whether the item was taxable (radial dial). Lastly, there would be a "Forward To:" field where the sender can choose/select another email address. Once the form was complete they would send it on to their approving manager, who would then "Forward To:" the form with their approval to the AP inbox.

As I mentioned above, I have created a form but after that I am missing the knowledge on how to complete the rest.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.

Reaction score
..., but when I send it the "read" version does not display the form.

A form needs to be published or you have to check the box to include the form definition.
If all users of the form are connected to the same exchange server you can publish it in the exchange forms library.

Ask a Question