Outlook outlook 2010 only shows old email, not newest

Reaction score
I open my outlook and it defaults to showing an older email in the reading pane. Say I have 3 new emails today and 3 emails from yesterday.
I click on one of the new emails, it shows up in the reading window for 1 second, then the highlight bar switches to an older email from yesterday, for example, and displays it in the reading window.
I can click again, and again on the new email, but it just switched back to the older one.

I have run malware and nod32 scans, nothing found.

Reaction score
That sounds like it's probably a filter on the view. In 2010, I believe you go to the View Tab, and there should be an option like "Reset current view." You may need to turn the Reading Pane back on after that, though. If that doesn't do it, make sure in the bottom right hand corner of Outlook it says either Online or Connected.

Reaction score
It is not the malware issue. Just got to View option and select the option 'Arrange by Date'. Your problem will get resolve. :)

Ask a Question