Outlook Outlook 2010

Reaction score
Hi Gurus

I've got W7 & Outlook 2010.

Famous last words: It worked yesterday, then I played with Kies.

Now my problem is that I can ony create new contacts in the Outlook Address Book
and NOT in a Contact Folder.
Which is a bit daft.
How can I fixit so I can create new contacts in a Contact folder.

Thx in advance

Vold

Reaction score
I would suggest starting by doing a repair installation of Outlook. You can go to Control Panel | Programs and Features (Add or Remove Programs if you're in Windows XP). Then go down to Microsoft Outlook 2010 or Office 2010, click on Change. Then choose Repair in the menu that comes up and let it work. Let me know how that does for you.

Reaction score
I would suggest starting by doing a repair installation of Outlook. You can go to Control Panel | Programs and Features (Add or Remove Programs if you're in Windows XP). Then go down to Microsoft Outlook 2010 or Office 2010, click on Change. Then choose Repair in the menu that comes up and let it work. Let me know how that does for you.

Iv'e tried
1. A Repair: No luck
2. A DeInstall followed by a ReInstall: No luck.

Outlook settings are probably saved in the Registry after a DeInstall.
So a ReInstall has the same problems.

I want to try:
A DeInstall, a Registry tidy up with CCleaner, a ReInstall.

I'll keep you posted

Vold

Reaction score
If you had done anything to the registry, you could try removing the Outlook registry key. The one you want to remove is in HKCU | Software | Microsoft | Office | 14.0 | Outlook. First, right click on Outlook and choose Export, to back the key up to a .reg file. Then right click on the key and choose delete.
Another option would be to clear the Forms cache in Outlook. Go to your contacts, then on the left, Right Click on Contacts and choose Properties. Go to the Forms tab and click on Manage. Then click on Clear Cache and restart Outlook.

Reaction score
Iv'e got Outlook 2010.
When I right click my Contacts and properties I get the "Contact Properties" Form.
It's got three tabs: General, Home Page & Outlook Address Book.
In General theres a drop down where forms can be selected.
But theres nothing there to clear the cach.

Thx Vold

Ask a Question