Outlook Outlook 2002 problem - task remains and uses lots of CPU-power after crash and closin

Reaction score
Still not solved: Outlook 2002 problem - task remains and uses lots of CPU-power ...

.... some day I'll kick outlook from my computer. Since I have little choice I've to cooperate, perhaps someone can help making my live easy again.

THE PROBLEM: My Outlook 2002 starts perfectly, does evrything fine but after sevral minutes, mostly when I'm checking or sending mail the second or third time, it just reaches like 50% and then the CPU usage of outlook goes to nearly 100%. I can still worksome minutes with outlook but then it crashes. The error report says:

Faulting application outlook.exe, version 10.0.6626.0, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.1.2600.2180, fault address 0x00011f52.

If I close Outlook before the crash, the outlook.exe task remains in the taskmanager (for hours) and still uses all CPU-power available. I have to use the taskmanager to kill the task, afterwards I can start outlook again (evrything normal until ...)

MY COMPUTER: It's a Samsung Notebook P10 with Intel M Proc. 512 MB RAM a 40GB HDD, Netgear WLAN, I use Zone Alarm, Norton Antivirus 2004 and Spybot SD Resistent (Teatimer). Windows XP SP2.
Recently installed programs are NOKIA Pc Suite 6.5, Conceptdraw MINDMAP. I further use a lot of adobe and discreete software.

I use outlook (2002 SP3) with two mail accounts, both pop3. journaling is off. Additional PlugIns from Adobe Acrobat 7 Pro

Thanks for any help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi Muckshifter,

it's part of the MS Office XP standard for students etc.

Hi Itsme,

the link leads to many different things but all focussed on outlook express. I tried some things there -> no result ... but, did you think of something special?