Outlook Outlook 2002 Error Message

Reaction score
After attempting to send an email with 13 attached audio files (big mistake) today my Outlook has been down ever since. When I try to delete an email or move one, I get the following error message:

"The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook."

I have restarted Outlook about 20 times; powered all the way down; restarted Windows and then Outlook . . . all to no avail.

No emails are coming in ... and the ones in my Outbox are just sitting there. When I attempt to delete the messages in my outbox, I get the SAME error message (above).

I'm thinking I should reinstall Outlook but of the 3 CD's that came with my computer (Windows Office Small Business) . . . I can't figure out how to re-install Outlook.

Does anyone have any advice? Thanks.

Reaction score
Reinstalling won`t help ya. Whole problem is in *.pst file where all e/mails are stored.
Maybe you can try this:
In menu File - Data files administration create new *.pst file move all e-mails, notes, contacts and calendar events in this new file, set it as a default for e-mailing and then delete old one.

Another choice is somethin like outlook pst file fix program (I have seen it once) - try google.

Ask a Question