? Optiplex GX150 ?

Reaction score
I am looking into upgrading my processor in my computer but i have heard that with my computer and mother board being the age that it is that I might not be able to.

i am currently running windows XP PRO 5.1 Build 2600 and have

System Model: Optiplex GX150
BIOS: Pheonix ROM BIOS PLUS version 1.10 A11
Processor: Intel Celeron 1200MHz
Memory: 510 RAM

Also, i am running a 3RD GENERATION Optiplex motherboard.

Does anyone know if i would be able to upgrade it or am i at the max i can be at.

PS: im kinda new to computers :/

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
this is a dell system right? looking at the age of the system, i'm guessing ~6 years old??

i'd save up and buy a new system personally, being an off the shelf system the details about the motherboard are not as easily available and being the age that it is finding a CPU to upgrade it with will be very difficult

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
I see you have a minimun amount of ram . One way of boosting your present system would be to add some more ram which is a easy thing to do .

nod.gif

Reaction score
I was going to add more RAM but when i went into best buy the people told me that i was at the max i could put in here. So more ram is the way to go?

after reading this i jumped on bestbuy.com to look for some cheap ram. i found
K-Byte - 1GB PC5300 DDR2 DIMM Memory

for 32.99. ( on sale from 103.99)

• Warranty Terms - Parts

Lifetime
  • Warranty Terms - Labor

Lifetime
  • Product Height

3.5"
  • Product Width

1"
  • Product Weight

2 oz.
  • Product Depth

0.1"
  • Computer Compatibility

Desktop memory
  • Memory Size

1GB
  • Type of Memory

PC5300 DDR2
  • Speed

667MHz
  • Pin Configuration

240-pin DIMM
I have two slots in my computer for RAM.. should i just invest in getting two of these????

Last edited:

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
no, first up that RAM won't fit in your motherboard and second i doubt it'd recognise 2GB of RAM

how old is this system? if its as old as i think then you may well be maxed out as far as RAM is concerned

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
it would probably be a wise choice, trying to upgrade that system would pretty much mean a new system anyway

Ask a Question