Optical mouse oddities

Tony Talmage

I have a Logitech wireless optical mouse on my WinXP Pro installation, and sometimes the pointer will jump randomly across the screen; for example, I move the mouse straight to my right, and the pointer moves down-left. I did not see this behaviour in Win2k, Win9x, etc. This same behaviour was present back when my MS Intellimouse was alive. Has anyone heard of optical mouse issues with WinXP, or does this sound like an issue I should take up with Logitech?

--
Tony Talmage
Web Developer

Bill

You should probably take it up with logitech, but good luck with a solution, I have the same issues with a Microsoft Wheelmouse Optical and have had this problem with every single mouse i've ever had all the way back to Win98SE and a ball mouse. I've just learned to overlook it except when I'm playing Unreal Tournament when I get so mad I'm about to throw my mouse but quit playing instead.......
HTH

I have a Logitech wireless optical mouse on my WinXP Pro installation, and sometimes the pointer will jump randomly across the screen; for example, I move the mouse straight to my right, and the pointer moves down-left. I did not see this behaviour in Win2k, Win9x, etc. This same behaviour was present back when my MS Intellimouse was alive. Has anyone heard of optical mouse issues with WinXP, or does this sound like an issue I should take up with Logitech?

--
Tony Talmage
Web Developer
email: tony AT graphiced DOT com
Graphic Education Corporation
Phone: (888) 354-6600

ceedee

yep does it to me too
tho only with my "chico" (dont laugh) optical mouse
pointer will suddenly move to bottom left of screen for
no apparent reason

doesnt happen with ball mice so i dunno

"Bill" <wdotsmith155atverizondotnet> wrote in message
[...]

Jack

Hi, I have logitech Dual optical mouse and had the same
problem,I use a printer paper(white color) and use it as
mouse pad and it works fine,no more jumping. Try that