Opera 10 Beta

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Whilst Opera has not achieved the same level of success in the browser market as Internet Explorer and FireFox, it is still a popular multi-platform browser of choice for many users. The Opera 10 beta is now available to download at the following URL:

http://www.opera.com/browser/next/

Attachments

• opera.jpg
    opera.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 573
Reaction score
Looks pretty cool..I have h=just installed it on Windows 7...Will have a look over th next few days and see how it goes..:thumb:

Reaction score
I think Opera need to do a lot more tweaking...I just took screen shots of the same picture using Google images on both Firefox and Opera..Firefox image looks good. Where as Opera image look not so good..
The Opera image is the first one below

opera.png

Firefox

Firefox.png

Opera also appears to take that little bit longer when searching from google...Time will tell..

Reaction score
Looks like there is some kind of image compression at work there to increase speed (but decrease quality) - opera mobile uses this.

Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
Looks like there is some kind of image compression at work there to increase speed (but decrease quality) - opera mobile uses this.

Thats what I thought..Got one or 2 mates that use Opera mobile that have said similar..I myself have only used on PC...Otherwise I can't reallycomplain about it, other than I think when you are doing a search it is a bit slow compared to IE7/8 or Firefox, but that could alos be down to what I was doing at the time I suppose...About to download Opera mini and install it on my viewty KU990i and see how that goes..Well dependant if I can find software that will actually allow me to acess my phone..grrrr

Reaction score
see that little X2 and dial in the bottom l/h corner - that indicates compression is on

click on it to turn it off

then look up Opera Turbo

Its for people with slow connections - you can have it On , Off or Auto

Reaction score
noooooo

According to me it is not too good as internet explorer because it is unable to load gmail properly its indicate an error and disable to send emails...

Reaction score
Its only one click to turn it on or off

If you have a slow connection it will probably be useful more often than not, but if you have a problem just click it off for the site you want (or alternatively click it on when you get to image intensive sites)

Reaction score
i am not getting how to solve that problem . would you please demonstrate more???
only single click.. how???

Reaction score
sunit.soni said:
i am not getting how to solve that problem . would you please demonstrate more???
only single click.. how???

Experiment the way the rest of us do..Do you want a hand held tutorial..?

edit (Ian) : No need for that language MadX, I've edited it out - Sunit's first language isn't English and he was only asking for some further advice.

Reaction score
Theres no need for that

Bottom left hand side of screen you will see a small dial with an A beside it in a blue box (at least thats whats on my screen)

If you left click on it it will say opera Turbo Off or Opera Turbo On

Turbo is good for slow connections because it reduces picture quality but it can interfere with googlemail (I am using Opera 10 beta 3 though and mine works fine)

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Just downloaded the final version of Opera 10 and I like the speed of it when Turbo is turned on. I think the nifty ability to turn the turbo on or of with the click of a mouse is great since when quality is more important as far as photos is concerned one can just turn it off. Most of the browsing can be done with Turbo on. I am still testing it though so will refrain from any more than what I just stated.

Reaction score

Thats what I thought..Got one or 2 mates that use Opera mobile that have said similar..I myself have only used on PC

Ask a Question