OpenSUSE project

Reaction score
Novell announced the creation of the openSUSE project, a new initiative
sponsored by Novell aimed at promoting the adoption of Linux worldwide.
Hosted at http://www.opensuse.org , the project provides free and easy
access to the world's most usable Linux distribution, SUSE Linux.

Reaction score
What Linux Version Is The Best For Setting Up For A Dual Boot: Linux - Windows.
I Take A Very Long Time To Download An Os And A Pain When The Partitions Get Messed Up Or The Os Wont Work With A Dual Boot Pc. Red Hat Is A Pain, Yoper Has Bugs.
Mabe I Drink Some Wine.

Reaction score
Wine is good

I don't like to mess around with partitions any more. there is no need.
I run Microsft's Virtual PC, this let's me install any OS I like without partitions.
I use WinXP as my host, then I have Suse 9, Solaris 9 (i386), and win 2000 you can run one on top of the host system or run them all if you have enough memory.

read about it at http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtualpc/default.mspx

Last edited:
Reaction score
I Dont Like To Use Emulators Because It Slows Everything Down Even With Alot Of Memory.
Dual Booting Is Better For Me. Because Im A Power User.
A Lot Of Linux Programs For Video And Photography Are Out There.
I Built A Redhat Linux Machine And Used The Wine Emulator On It. Dual Booting Redhat Is Tricky.
I Like How Easy It Is To Setup Linux Yoper For Dual Boot.

Mabe Ill Give Suse A Kiss Cause Shes Been Around A Lot

Reaction score
TECHGUNS said:
I Dont Like To Use Emulators Because It Slows Everything Down Even With Alot Of Memory.
Dual Booting Is Better For Me. Because Im A Power User.
A Lot Of Linux Programs For Video And Photography Are Out There.
I Built A Redhat Linux Machine And Used The Wine Emulator On It. Dual Booting Redhat Is Tricky.
I Like How Easy It Is To Setup Linux Yoper For Dual Boot.

Mabe Ill Give Suse A Kiss Cause Shes Been Around A Lot

I understand how you feel about the old emulators, one trick to using virtual computers is to run with SCSI harddrives, or the least a serial harddrive that spins at 10000 rpm (for hardcore users). We have found thru experience on servers that partitioning is a hard drives enemy

Reaction score
I Know What Ur Taking About A Boot Pest Almost Killed Me When I Was Dual Booting It And It Took A While To Fix. I Dont Connect It To The Internet Any More And I Only Have Win2000 On It Now.
Right Now I Just A Pour Starving Student. When I Get The Bucks Or The Price Goes Down I Would Like To Build A Dual Chip Processor Machine With Raid Five. Division Of The Data Between Four Hard Drives Sounds Good. I Read That That Its Kb Per Sec Is Fast. Mabe By The Time I Doit Promise Will Come Out With A Better Raid Five Card Or A Mother Will Have It. I Have A Fast Scsi Card But Raid Five Might Be Faster.
I The Machine That Im Using For Video Now Is Getting Old I Built It When The Xp Os Just Came Out It Seems Fast Then. I Had Xp Pro On It But I Took It Off Put Win2000 Pro Sp4 It Seem To Work Better With This Stuff. Processing Specail Video Effects Takes Forever.
Ati Radion 7200
Amd 2.4g
Msi Mother
Win Tv Card
Soundblaster Audigy
If Suse Will Drive This Stuff When I Build A New Machine Ill Take Win2000 Pro Off And Use It On This Old Video Machine And I Wont Have To Use An Emulator. I Like Gigabyte Mother Boards Better Now And Ill Use The Win2000 On The Future Machine.

Ask a Question