Lenovo to Load Linux on ThinkPad Laptop

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
For those not familiar with IBM, let me just tell you that they haven't made a laptop in some time ... Lenovo have the Licences for that. ;)

Anyway ...

The PC maker, at the LinuxWorld Conference and Expo beginning Aug. 14 , will announce a plan to pre-load Novell's SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 10 on one of its ThinkPad notebooks, sources familiar with the two company's plans said. Lenovo, whose ThinkPads have long been a favorite of Linux users, will become the first PC manufacturer in recent history to allow individual customers to buy one of its notebooks, a ThinkPad T60p mobile workstation model, with the operating system pre-installed, the sources said.

Lenovo has projected itself as a strong supporter of the operating system in the past—it has certified most of its ThinkPad and ThinkCentre PC models to run Novell/SUSE, Red Hat and TurboLinux distributions—but to date it has only pre-installed the operating system on a custom basis for large customers.
That's right, SLED 10 pre-installed at your request on the ThinkPad T60p starting around August 14.

How many shall I put you down for Quad ... I'll have two, and you? :D

oops, nearly forgot the linky ...

http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1895,1999060,00.asp

user.gif

Ask a Question