Only One More Day to Go!

Alias ;-)

and you can download the new Ubuntu, Intrepid Ibex, from
http://www.ubuntu.com/

What you can do with Ubuntu:

Email
Surf the web
Burn CDs.
Rip CDs.
Listen to music.
Watch vidoes/DVDs.
Scan and print.
Spreadsheets.
Presentations
Newsgroups.
HTML editing.
Games like Chess, Tetris, all kinds of solitaire, etc.
Make videos.
Download photos from a camera and organize them.
Translations.
Use a dictionary
Learn how to touch type.
Edit images.
Send and receive a fax.
Take screenshots.
Create .PDF files.
Create and use a data base.
Instant messaging with over 10 different programs in one including
Windows Live Messenger.
IRC.
Bluetooth.
Dual Monitors.
WiFi.
Internet Radio, including ripping songs.

and much more!

What you can't do with Ubuntu:

Worry about:
WPA and WGA raising their ugly heads,
DRM,
Viruses,
Root kits,
Spyware,
and
Malware.

The reasons that Ubuntu is more secure than Windows are twofold:

1. When *anything* in Ubuntu needs updating or patching, it all comes
from the same source and a little orange star appears when any updates
or patches are available. It's a known fact that anti virus apps and
anti malware apps can only deal with nasties that are known, not the new
ones. Hence, it is very important to be updated or patched and not just
the operating system but everything that is installed on the computer.
Windows has no central updating source and the user has to be checking
constantly for updates to their programs or face the possibility of
being compromised.

2. In Ubuntu, when anything wants to install, you have to key in your
password. With Windows, you have to click on "OK" or nothing at all as
is evidenced by drive by malware. Unlike Windows, the Linux kernel is
not intertwined with a browser like Windows is with Internet Explorer
and the kernel is kept away and protected from the user account.

Alias

Alias ;-)

Linux said:
Alias ;-) wrote:

[...]

Linux said:
I wouldn't trade my sweet running Windows Vista PC for anything!

Not even two hot ladies willing to engage in a menage de trois and pay
for a stay in the Ritz?
Windows Vista = WINNER

What did it win? Not MS, not you, but Vista.
Linux Ubuntu = LOSER

What did it lose? You? BFD.

Alias

Alias ;-)

Spirnat said:
Lol.... you have a sense of humor. But something tells me (and this is
scary) that you actually believe that shit!

After all the money he's paid for Vista and hardware, he feels he has no
choice but to be a Vista fanboy.

Alias

Jack the Ripper

Alias ;-) wrote:

<snipped>

Can we expect another chicken-$hit count down from you when day zero hits?

Alias ;-)

Jack said:
Alias ;-) wrote:

<snipped>

Can we expect another chicken-$hit count down from you when day zero hits?

Is the suspense killing you, troll?

Alias

Lord Fauntleroy

Spirnat of natt said:
Vista sucks, all other OS in history are far better (*)
You really don't understand computing. Vista is way over your head. Since
you've had that job at Taco-Bell, you should concentrate on your skills.
Within 3-5 years you just might be promoted to the front counter. Keep up
the good work.

Alias says BAAAAAAAAAA

Alias ;-) said:
Is the suspense killing you, troll?

Alias

There's the biggest linsucking, sheep f*cking, cow sucking, a** licking,
lying loser of them all. AliASS

Alias says BAAAAAAAAAA

Spirnat of natt said:
Lol.... you have a sense of humor. But something tells me (and this is
scary) that you actually believe that shit!

Something tells me you're a f*cking moron

Alias :-\)

Alias says BAAAAAAAAAA said:
There's the biggest linsucking, sheep f*cking, cow sucking, a** licking,
lying loser of them all. AliASS

Thanks for the compliment.

Alias