No More Wanting Ubuntu Linux Rabid!

Lord Fauntleroy

Alias is getting one big hard-on because a new version of Ubuntu is coming
out. Still the same old crap. Ubuntu won't run any of the popular
programs. Ubuntu is still Free. Ubuntu still sucks.

Nobody in their right mind would want to use Ubuntu.

What you can do with Ubuntu:

Email - Very simple e-mails
Surf the web - Even Ubuntu can surf the web
Burn CDs. - Lots of trouble
Rip CDs. - Maybe with help
Listen to music. - Yea, from your IPOD
Watch vidoes/DVDs. - From your TV. Not from Ubuntu
Scan and print. - Using your multi function printer.
Spreadsheets. - You can calculate up to 100 numbers
Presentations - If you like stick figures
Newsgroups. - Alias is famous for this one. No wonder why he likes Ubuntu

HTML editing. - Yes, basic TEXT editing of an HTML file can be done.
Games like Chess, Tetris, all kinds of solitaire, etc. - That's it for
games. Limited

Make videos. - Very basic videos. Maybe 2 min in length before system
crashes.

Download photos from a camera and organize them. - Hell you can download
pictures to your TV from your CAMERA.
Translations. - Yes, you can get a translator to help you with Ubuntu
Use a dictionary - You need a dictionary to figure out the Ubuntu language
Learn how to touch type. - Funny, a keyboard can do that.
Edit images. - Whoppteee DO

Send and receive a fax. - What do you think your multi-function PRINTER is
for.

Take screenshots. - So you can send to your MAMA
Create .PDF files. - Adobe makes sure you can do this.

Create and use a data base. - Yes, open a text file and create a database.
Brilliant.

Instant messaging with over 10 different programs in one including
Windows Live Messenger.
IRC.
Bluetooth. Whopptee Do.

What you can't do with Ubuntu:

REAL WORK

Alias ;-)

Lord said:
What you can do with Ubuntu:

Email - Very simple e-mails

No, as complicated as you like.
Surf the web - Even Ubuntu can surf the web
Burn CDs. - Lots of trouble

Easier than Windows.
Rip CDs. - Maybe with help

Easier than Windows.
Listen to music. - Yea, from your IPOD

I use Amarok and it works great.
Watch vidoes/DVDs. - From your TV. Not from Ubuntu

I watch DVD/Videos all the time with Ubuntu.
Scan and print. - Using your multi function printer.

Yep and it took three clicks to install it, no CD necessary.
Spreadsheets. - You can calculate up to 100 numbers

Try to keep up. Not true anymore.
Presentations - If you like stick figures

And any other image you want to use.
Newsgroups. - Alias is famous for this one. No wonder why he likes
Ubuntu

Not the main thing I do with Ubuntu by any stretch of the imagination
but the fact that you gotta get person writes tomes about your "argument".
HTML editing. - Yes, basic TEXT editing of an HTML file can be done.

A lot more than that can be done.
Games like Chess, Tetris, all kinds of solitaire, etc. - That's it for
games. Limited

True, Windows, the Toy Operating System, is better for gaming. But it
isn't Linux' fault that the game makers don't port the games to Linux.
Make videos. - Very basic videos. Maybe 2 min in length before system
crashes.

Not on my system.
Download photos from a camera and organize them. - Hell you can download
pictures to your TV from your CAMERA.
So?

Translations. - Yes, you can get a translator to help you with Ubuntu

No, dumbfuck, Ubuntu comes with a great translator program.
Use a dictionary - You need a dictionary to figure out the Ubuntu
language

YOU do. I don't. Ubuntu comes in just about any language you want.
Learn how to touch type. - Funny, a keyboard can do that.

No, a keyboard can't teach you anything.
Edit images. - Whoppteee DO

Some people want to edit images.
Send and receive a fax. - What do you think your multi-function PRINTER is
for.

Can't exactly receive the fax into the OS so that you can email it to
someone, now can you?
Take screenshots. - So you can send to your MAMA

Or anyone you like.
Create .PDF files. - Adobe makes sure you can do this.

Not an Adobe program.
Create and use a data base. - Yes, open a text file and create a database.
Brilliant.

Instant messaging with over 10 different programs in one including
Windows Live Messenger.
IRC.
Bluetooth. Whopptee Do.

Many people use IM programs.
What you can't do with Ubuntu:

Worry about:
WPA and WGA raising their ugly heads,
DRM,
Viruses,
Root kits,
Spyware,
and
Malware.

The reasons that Ubuntu is more secure than Windows are twofold:

1. When *anything* in Ubuntu needs updating or patching, it all comes
from the same source and a little orange star appears when any updates
or patches are available. It's a known fact that anti virus apps and
anti malware apps can only deal with nasties that are known, not the new
ones. Hence, it is very important to be updated or patched and not just
the operating system but everything that is installed on the computer.
Windows has no central updating source and the user has to be checking
constantly for updates to their programs or face the possibility of
being compromised.

2. In Ubuntu, when anything wants to install, you have to key in your
password. With Windows, you have to click on "OK" or nothing at all as
is evidenced by drive by malware. Unlike Windows, the Linux kernel is
not intertwined with a browser like Windows is with Internet Explorer
and the kernel is kept away and protected from the user account.

Alias

Alias

Martin said:
NO! Not easier than Windows, Ubuntu really sucks at this.

No problem here. Methinks you will find the problem between your ears.
Amarok is a KDE application, I hate KDE.

Different strokes for different stroke. I think Amarok is great.
My printer only prints the most basic text, if I try graphics the print
applet crashes.

Brand of printer?
Impress is really lightyears behind Powerpoint. Not easy to use at all
and very limited.

And you've used Open Office 3.0?
What? Games on Linux does not work well at all, exept for a very few.

Reread what I wrote, moron.
If you want to edit videos. Use another operating system. Ubuntu has to
least intuitive programs I have ever seen.

Again, the problem is in between your ears.

Alias