What you can do with Ubuntu

Lord Fauntleroy

What you can do with Ubuntu:

Email - Very simple e-mails
Surf the web - Even Ubuntu can surf the web
Burn CDs. - Lots of trouble
Rip CDs. - Maybe with help
Listen to music. - Yea, from your IPOD
Watch vidoes/DVDs. - From your TV. Not from Ubuntu
Scan and print. - Using your multi function printer.
Spreadsheets. - You can calculate up to 100 numbers
Presentations - If you like stick figures
Newsgroups. - Alias is famous for this one. No wonder why he likes Ubuntu
HTML editing. - Yes, basic TEXT editing of an HTML file can be done.
Games like Chess, Tetris, all kinds of solitaire, etc. - That's it for
games. Limited
Make videos. - Very basic videos. Maybe 2 min in length before system
crashes.
Download photos from a camera and organize them. - Hell you can download
pictures to your TV from your CAMERA.
Translations. - Yes, you can get a translator to help you with Ubuntu
Use a dictionary - You need a dictionary to figure out the Ubuntu language
Learn how to touch type. - Funny, a keyboard can do that.
Edit images. - Whoppteee DO
Send and receive a fax. - What do you think your multi-function PRINTER is
for.
Take screenshots. - So you can send to your MAMA
Create .PDF files. - Adobe makes sure you can do this.
Create and use a data base. - Yes, open a text file and create a database.
Brilliant.

Instant messaging with over 10 different programs in one including
Windows Live Messenger.
IRC.
Bluetooth. Whopptee Do.

What you can't do with Ubuntu:

REAL WORK

Lord Fauntleroy

the granter of sina said:
Shut up spanky....

Go home and tell your 500 year old mom to bake you a nice steaming frog
brain cake..mmm .. mmmm Your favorite.

After than tell your 600 grandpa to contact his father so all you undead
people can sit around a table and play, whose rotting nose will fall of
first!

Nothing like quality time with your family!

So you are trying to tell me how your family works? Sorry you freak. My
Mom is only 325.

ray

[...]

Like what? I did scientific software support and development for DOD for
30 years - and it sure as hell was not on MS platforms. We did
insignificant stuff like digital signal processing of coherant radar
signals for event detection and coning rates.

brummyfan

Almost anything,perhaps except "Snipping Tool"which is a low priority Tool.
I am fed up with Vista. It is a useless OS for people with lower Intelligence
and people those who retarded. This OS has no benefit to humans and
development of civilization (When they say "I am a PC and I sell fish"). What
is that????