What you can do with Ubuntu

Bill Yanaire

Alias said:
What can be done with Ubuntu? Glad you asked:

Email

Yes it can do E-Mail.
Surf the web

Yes it can surf the web.
Burn CDs.

Some CD's but others with problems.

You need to search for hours to find the right program to rip CD's. It
may work. It may not.
Listen to music.

Yes you can listen to some music. Some sites are not compatible with
Ubuntu.
Watch vidoes/DVDs.

Yes you can do this.
Scan and print.

If you are lucky and can find the correct driver for your printer to
work with Ubuntu then you just might be able to do this.
Spreadsheets.

Basic input of a small number of columns and rows. Not very good at
complicated computations or macros.
Presentations

Basic presentations to idiots who think that Ubuntu is great when in
reality it sucks.
Newsgroups.

Yes, you can use Open Source programs to get to newsgroups. BFD.

HTML editing.

Sure. Basic HTML Editing is possible.

Games like Chess, Tetris, all kinds of solitaire, etc.

That is it. If you want to play real games you need a Windows machine.
Make videos.

You will be searching for hours to find the right programs and the ones
you find only do the very basic of tasks. If you want to do real video,
get a PC or a MAC and run Windows or OS X.
Download photos from a camera and organize them.

Sure you can download your pictures.
Translations.
Nope.

Use a dictionary

Sure. Get the dictionary off the shelf and look up a word. Oh, you can
use your browser and search for words.

Learn how to touch type.

Not with Ubuntu. You need specialty software for this. This might take
awhile to find something worth anything. Keep looking.
\
Edit images.

Basic edits like brightness, contrast, hue. For something more robust,
use Adobe products on a MAC or Windows platform.

Send and receive a fax.

Funny. Your printer can do this. If you can find the right drivers
after a few hours maybe you can use your printer with Ubuntu.

Maybe.

Take screenshots.

Take screenshots of a useless OS. Of course you can do this but it's
USELESS.
Create .PDF files.

Yea. Probably.

Create and use a data base.

A very primitive database.

Instant messaging with over 10 different programs in one including
Windows Live Messenger.

Yes you can instant message. Ubuntu has to do something.

Again, they had to make Ubuntu do something.

Bluetooth.

and much more!

But not much more. Ubuntu was written by geeks for geeks who can't get
laid.
What you can't do with Ubuntu:

ANY REAL WORK!

Thanks for asking.

the wharf rat

Some CD's but others with problems.

You need to search for hours to find the right program to rip CD's. It
may work. It may not.

I have far less trouble making various CD's on linux than on
windows. For one thing the software on the distribution image works
and I dont' need expensive third party applications like Roxio.
Basic input of a small number of columns and rows. Not very good at
complicated computations or macros.

Horseshit. I went through two Master's programs using Openoffice.
Had to do some assignments in Excel because of requirements not because of
technology. VBA macros are NOT portable but that's not a problem with OO
so much as a problem with monopoly.
A very primitive database.

Like...postgres? Oracle? MySQL?

Bill Yanaire, ESQ

Duck said:
A bunch of nonsense as the unemployed are wont to do.
Obama's gonna find you a job soon standing on the side of the road with
an orange vest on.

sorry. I don't want to be working with you. I'll stick to consulting.
Pays better.

You should move around frequently so I don't confuse you with an orange
barrel.
I'd hate to run over a barrel.

If you confuse a person with an orange barrel then you are dumber than I
thought. I suggest you drink more.

Bill Yanaire, ESQ

Duck said:
Telling prospective clients how well you clean toilets isn't consulting.
It's over-stating your qualifications.

I suggest then don't tell your clients how you clean toilets.

I would have to consume a gallon of whiskey to be half as incoherent as
you are.

Go ahead. Do it and report back.

Bill Yanaire, ESQ

Stan said:
When your IQ rises above 60 - sell, as i tmight go down again.

Talk about IQ. You write one sentence and can't even get it right.
You would be lucky to have an IQ higher than 25. IDIOT.

I suggest calling tech support and have them walk you through setting
your clock. I know it scares you, but they have experts who can help a
dumb **** like yourself.

Just FYI.

Bill Yanaire, ESQ

Stan said:
No dBase, not SQL or Oracle. I am deal with SQl due to Inventor
depending on it.

You are not deal with SQ1 because there is no SQ1. There is SQL you
dumb ****. No matter what you write, you always make spelling errors.
I suggest going back to the second grade. Study real hard. Then call
tech support to help you change your clock you RETARD.

Bill Yanaire, ESQ

Duck said:
If you're gonna be a troll, get good at it.
You suck at comebacks.

OK slick. Fill me in.

You're stuck using XP and a free anti-virus.
Some consultant.
I suggest consulting with your mommy about increasing your allowance.

I use what my clients use. I develop software for my clients using XP.
When they move to Windows 7, so will I. Oops. You are not very
smart. I guess you don't have to be that smart for your job at the fast
food establishment.

Bill Yanaire, ESQ

Duck said:
Your clients don't use a free AV.
You do, cause you are poor.
Even if I work part-time at McDonalds...I make more than you...lol.

Which McDonald's do you work at? Maybe I can come by and you can
Supersize my fries!