Windows XP Office 2003 Serious Issues

Reaction score
So far there hasnt been too much luck with Microsoft and myself. So far done 2 Repair Installs of XP SP2 due to previous issues that I dont believe they are related.

Bit of background. Installed Office 2003 Professional ages ago and have all the available updates. During installation I only installed Word, Publisher, Excel and Powerpoint. No need for Outlook so didnt install it (and by the looks, Outlook seems to cause a lot of people some grief). After the Repair Install went throught the 'mass' update through Windows Update, where I downloaded and installed 2 Outlook updates, KB947944 and KB945432, which I had chosen not to download in the past as I didnt need them.

The main issue at the moment is Office 2003 will not uninstall. Add/Remove wont unistall it, Glary Uninstall Manager wont uninstall it etc and pop up the following message:
This package could not be opened. Verify that the patch package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer patch package.

I can find the location no problem but it just doesnt want to uninstall.

The annoying thing is is that that same message pops up when trying to uninstall Office updates too.

I have also downloaded Windows Installer CleanUp Utility and Office 2003 Resources Kit as an attempt to manually uninstall it myself -> no luck (simply cause they arent the full uninstaller).

Theoretically I would just like to get Office off my computer and determine whether it is a casue to my problem. But just doing that is a problem in itself. If there is a way to use a specific run command or through Command Prompt or another utility that may work, anything would be appreciated!!

Thanks for your time :)

...I would highly doubt that the Outlook updates are the main or any cause to the issue but I could be wrong there

Ask a Question