OE6 Newsgroup Messages

JCE

Hi,

I was subscribed in OE6 to several newsgroups, each with a large amount of
messages. After upgrading to Vista ( and Windows Mail ), I read a lot about
importing messages from OE6 into Windows Mail, but for some reason, Windows
Mail ONLY imports Mail folders, not newsgroups.

I made sure my OE6 "folder.dbx" file is there and the "Read Only" is
unchecked in every .dbx file. Still can't get any of my old OE6 newsgroup
messages into Windows Mail.

Can anyone help ?

Thanks,

JCE

Gordon

JCE said:
Hi,

I was subscribed in OE6 to several newsgroups, each with a large amount of
messages. After upgrading to Vista ( and Windows Mail ), I read a lot
about importing messages from OE6 into Windows Mail, but for some reason,
Windows Mail ONLY imports Mail folders, not newsgroups.

I made sure my OE6 "folder.dbx" file is there and the "Read Only" is
unchecked in every .dbx file. Still can't get any of my old OE6 newsgroup
messages into Windows Mail.

Can anyone help ?

Just re-subscribe to the newsgroup - news is NOT mail. You will see all the
messages that are on the server...

JCE

Hi,

thanks for the reply !

Well, that is only partially correct. Either OE or Windows Mail does NOT let
me download more than 1000 messages. Some of my subscribed newsgroups
folders ( .dbx files ) contain more than 5000 - 12000 messages. In OE6 that
was not a problem after a new install. As you've said, re-subscribe again to
the groups. After that, I closed OE6, copied all my .dbx files into the
correct folder, over-riding the newly subscribed ones and after opening OE6,
I had all my newsgroup messages back the way it was before the new install.

Windows Mail seems to handle that differently and I can't get ALL my
messages back. But there ust be a way of some sort to achive this task.

Any other ideas ?

Thanks,

Tom

Bruce Hagen

Newsgroups neither export, nor import. Resubscribe.

Tools | Options | Read. Uncheck: Get XXX headers at a time. Then, right
click on the newsgroup in the Folder Tree | Properties | Local File | Reset.
Switch to another folder and then back and all available messages will be
downloaded again.

JCE

WOW, VERY COOL !!!!!!

That did the trick ( .....and I am smarter now too ) ! LOL LOL Thank you
soooo much !!!

JCE