Not a good day for me, gaming-wise

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
First, the Mafia 2 demo crashed on me.

Second, Xbox game Bayonetta. I'd been reading reviews of Xbox games to see which ones were good. Bayonetta got 9/10 just about everywhere. So I got it used for £7.00 and first two levels were great.

Got to the end of third level and lost against boss level - and got sent back to beginning of chapter again. There is no Save feature in this game until end of chapter so if you die at the end, the hardest bit, you have to play around twenty minutes again. Checked online lots of other folks also got the hump with this.

NIER - Xbox. I was enjoying this now there's this level where you have to fish, I can't do it. Checked online again, I am one voice amongst many who've got the pox with this game because of the fishing thingie.

Xbox Sonic & Sega Racing, there's a level where you have to avoid objects on the race track, bloody impossible, I'd say, after spending more than an hour trying to beat it.

Battlefield Bad Company Two Online - it's got me baffled but I haven't given up on this one yet after encouragement from V_R & Ian.

CoD 4 Online, I got kicked from a server tonight for supposedly deliberately grenading spawn points. If I did it wasn't intentional, rejoined server, explained, so Admin accused me of targetting spawn points. That was partly true I guess so I owned up. I wasn't banned but still leaves a sour taste in the mouth.

I keep wondering if it's because I'm getting older but I so much more enjoyed older games than many released recently.

I do like a challenge but I don't want to be beaten up in games, I just want to enjoy myself. Japanese game makers, sadly, seem to be the worst cuplrits in making things as hard as possible.

I've enjoyed and completed dozens of games, all on PC so far, so it can't be that I'm crap at games - can it?

Oh well, I think Bayonetta, NIER & Sonic & Sega Racing will all be going to part exchange which is a shame cos I'd really enjoyed all of them up to a point.

It's not all bad, thoroughly enjoying many other games atm but Gaaaaaaah! Sometimes I just want to go and thump some games designers ;)

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I have stopped playing a lot of games because the difficulty levels of them are just ridiculous..

Lots of games now are a lot shorter than older titles used to be and I think they make them more difficult to play so you don't complete them to quickly, thats my take!

I tend to stick with some of the puzzle games now as they are just so much better to play and give you oodles of time to think things through..My iPod Touch is just full of these types of games and they are very enjoyable to play, one very good one I'm playing at the mo is Call of Atlantis, it is the mutts nuts!..:D

Ask a Question