Windows XP Norton Ghost 2003

Reaction score
hey.. i have a 160gb SATA HDD with one 160gb NTFS partition (w/ 53gb used). now i want to make a back up in another 160gb SATA drive, but this time on a 80gb NTFS partition.
i'm using NORTON GHOST 2003 DOS version (boot floppy) and on my first attempt to copy the 160gb partition to the 80gb one, after the post, at the boot sequence i get "insert proper boot device". i repeated the process and on my second attempt it worked (i have a virus, so i removed it on the 80gb back up) now i want to remove the virus on the original drive (the 160gb partition), so i wanted to save a back up once again in the 80gb partition. so i would get right to where i started (in case the virus cleaning messed up my windows)
now, after the copying process is complete, i try to boot from the 80gb partition and windows just freezes at the welcome screen (it doesn't even get to show the users, it just freezes when the fist blue screen is shown) my last three attempts were the same..
so basically, after 5 attempts, it just worked once (the second time)
HELP PLEASE!
Pentium D 915 @ 2.80 Ghz (4mb/800MTs)
ASUS P5V-VM Ultra with VIA Chipset
1gb ddr2 @ 533 Mhz
2 SATA 160gb HDDs
GeForce 6200 TurboCache 512mb

Ask a Question