Non-admin acct. problems

WhiteTea

I am having 2 problems with a non-admin acct. I set up.

1. I can not dial out even if I am logged out my admin acct.

When I open up Phone and Modem Options, it says "I may have a problem
starting telephony services."

I can dial out OK on my admin acct.

2. I keep having to re-enter my registration code for pkzip on my non-
admin acct.

Thanks,
Andy

db ´¯`·.. >

sure.

I was suggesting that
perhaps the message
was advising you that
the telephony service
was disabled.

that service can be
found in the admin
tools service.

--

db·´¯`·...¸><)))º>

"WhiteTea"
<[email protected]>

WhiteTea

sure.

I was suggesting that
perhaps the message
was advising you that
the telephony service
was disabled.

that service can be
found in the admin
tools service.

--

db·´¯`·...¸><)))º>

"WhiteTea"
<[email protected]>
wrote in message

I found that it wasn't disabled.

I created the limited acct. cuz windows says it is advisable to use
the Internet using a limited access acct.

I don't open attachments from unknown senders, use Windows firewall,
use Spybot, etc.

I will work with it for about 2 more weeks before the limited acct.
goes to the can. :)

Andy

db ´¯`·.. >

ok, just keep in mind that
you may be accumulating
personal files, pics and other
things in that user account.

so before you delete it,
remember to move those
files into a safe place.

then when you do remove
the account, you can select
to delete everything for it.

incidentally, have you tried
to make that limited account
into an admin one; just as
an experiment for the purposes
of analyzing the issue.

--

db·´¯`·...¸><)))º>

"WhiteTea"
<[email protected]>

WhiteTea

ok, just keep in mind that
you may be accumulating
personal files, pics and other
things in that user account.

so before you delete it,
remember to move those
files into a safe place.

then when you do remove
the account, you can select
to delete everything for it.

incidentally, have you tried
to make that limited account
into an admin one; just as
an experiment for the purposes
of analyzing the issue.

I am using the Guest acct., it should have permission to dial out ?

Andy