No sound

inquirer

Over the last few weeks or so, I have lost the sound for some events, for
example there is no sound for opening or closing windows (not that this
worries me) or for advising incoming mail in OE6 (this used to work).
I am running XP home SP1 and have speakers connected and all volumes turned
up etc. When I test the sound in Control Panel/Sounds, the sounds set for
incoming mail etc all work. I can play cds, .wav files etc ok.

I saw somewhere that Nero might effect thsi - I have Nero 6 installed.

Can anyone help please?
Thanks
Chris

inquirer

I have tried there and used the sound troubleshooter with no positive
result. I haven't tried editing the registry as it looked ok except I am
not sure about the key
s-5-21-16........ which in the right panel has nothing under data for
(Default)
The other s-5-21-16........... (-classes) key has (value not set) under data
for (Default).
I couldn't follow the other links on the kellys-corner page as I get a Page
missing error.

Chris

"Will Denny" <wi