PowerPoint No sound in powerpoint viewer 2003

Reaction score
My name is Andy and I have Vista home premium. I have installed PowerPoint viewer but it shows me the slides with no sound at all. What can I do to have sound too ? Please help me
Sincerelly yours ANDY

Reaction score
re: no sound in PowerPoint viewer

Hello Andy,

Where do your PowerPoint presentation come from? Is it your friends send you, and if it is, then the sound may be lost while Email.
The reason:
Sound files in wav format larger than 100 KB (i.e. anything but a short sound effect) and other file formats are linked to PowerPoint presentation, when you Email the PowerPoint presentation, the linked music will not be shown.
The differences between embed and link, please view:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/powerpoint/HA012303071033.aspx

So, please tell you friend to take the following action before emailing.
Solution:
1. Put the sound files and the PowerPoint presentation in a same folder.
2. Reinsert the sound file to the PowerPoint presentation.
3. Package the entire folder into one archive file and send it to others. Do not create self-extracting (SFX) archive since most email block EXE files by default. WinZip and WinRAR are both recommended to archive your presentation files for emailing perfectly.
If his/her presentation is too big to email, please recommand he/she to try to convert his/her presentation to Flash and send the Flash file to you. The music will be embedded in Flash presentation. And then you could see the Flash on your computer.
Some third party presentation tool such as Wondershare PPT2Flash Standard http://www.sameshow.com/powerpoint-to-flash.html
can do this work. It can convert it with one click. Of course, all the original effect can be retained in Flash.

Hope it helps.
[font='Trebuchet MS','sans-serif']

[/font]

Last edited:

Ask a Question