No output from monitor, and no system Beeps

Reaction score
I've recently acquired a desktop PC from my little sis (long story) and have set about upgrading somne of the internal components. Everything was going fine until it came to the graphics.

Originally the PC had only onboard graphics which was working fine. I bought a GeForce GT 7300 with AGP connectors but when I put the card in, i'm not getting any kind of output, or any system beeps. I've tried the system on two monitors with the same result as well as trying a barebones system with just RAM, CPU Video etc.

If I unplug the card and go back to the onboard graphics, then everything works fine.

I've got a sneaking suspicion that it could be the PSU which isn't suplpying enough power, although the Graphics card fan is spinning.

I'm running on a Gigabyte GA 8Simlh mobo, 1Gb DDR PC2700 ram with a 2.6 Intel CPU (not sure which family)

Any suggestions would be kindly appreciated!!!

Reaction score
Generally an AGP card doesn't require much power.

Check that there isn't a jumper/switch to disable onboard graphics on the M/B... then check in the bios.
I reckon if you attach he monitor to the onboard graphics port whilst the AGP card is in you'll get a picture.
From past experience it sounds like you've got a dual graphics setup atm.

Ask a Question