New Graphics Card, slight monitor blur.

Reaction score
Hello, I recently bought an EVGA GeForce 8600GT graphics card to replace my GeForce 7300 LE, my Dell Desktop XPS 400 should have the required power to run the card (looked it up online before buying the card) and everything works fine with the card except when I put it on resolution 1024x768 or higher everything gets a slight blur to it, I've raised my monitors herts to 75 (max for this monitor)

This problem never occured with my old graphics card and I've always used 1024x768 resolution, anyone know what's going on?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Do you have an LCD monitor? If so, try pressing the auto-adjust button on it and see if that does anything? Although, when you are talking about Hz I'm guessing you have a CRT monitor?

Reaction score
I'm, not to sure... It's one of those flat screen plug'n'play monitors Dell gave me with my PC, is is flat, only have five buttons, one with a box and an arrow in the center, a box that looks like a list, a minus, a plus, and the power button.

Reaction score
Hello, I went back to the card and toyed with it, after reinserting it I noticed that even on lower resolutions it was slightly blurry so I secured the power adapter to the 8600GT and my Hard drive to make sure extra power was flowing to the card, then the blur was still there, so I clicked my monitors auto-adjust and that fixed the problem 100%

Ask a Question