No Installer for Modem

G

"windows coul not load the installer for modem". Any time I try to update my modem drivers in any way, included uninstalling it, that is the error message. This is since I reinstalled the OS to manufacturing settings to change the language version from spanish to english. It is not about internet conectivity since I´m now conected to the internet so I have no problems with it. Is like if there is a "hole" (so I understand the installer for modem) between the modem device and the OS. The cuestion here is: Is there a way to reinstall de INSTALLER FOR MODEM?, if so, where can I get the software or the only way is reinstalling the OS again and all of the aplications? that is something that I´M TRAYING TO AVOID.....or this is a harware situation that implicates the installing of a new modem card?....OS-Windows XP Home Sp1, MODEM-Conexant 56K AClink Modem. I have all day long going arrownd the the internet support centers (FAQ´s and Online Support Centers) trying to solve this, nobody has been able to tell me "REINSTALL THE HOLE OS", or "YES, THERE IS AN AVAILABLE SOFTWARE TO SOLVE THIS" or "SORRY, THE ONLY WAY IS BUYING A NEW MODEM CARD"....any help?, I´d apreciatte any response to my e-mail adress........Thank you

G

EXTRA-I´ve already checked all the computer devices and it is only the modem who displayes that kind of error message

Ask a Question