No DVI signal on Radeon 9000 wirh Samsung 171P TFT

Henk Janssen

Hi,

I use a Sapphire Radeon 9000 Pro with a Samsung 171P TFT monitoir through
DVI.
I updated my video drivers yesterday and now the video driver doesn't
recognize the TFT. It only "sees" the D-Sub connection to the monitor. So
the Samsung only displays the analog signal. I want to use DVI though.
I've reinstalled the drivers, installed the most recent versions of Catalyse
en Control Panel but nothing seems to help.

Does anyone have any idea how to solve this problem?

Thanks,

Henk.

Albert Pike

Henk Janssen said:
Hi,

I use a Sapphire Radeon 9000 Pro with a Samsung 171P TFT monitoir through
DVI.
I updated my video drivers yesterday and now the video driver doesn't
recognize the TFT. It only "sees" the D-Sub connection to the monitor. So
the Samsung only displays the analog signal. I want to use DVI though.
I've reinstalled the drivers, installed the most recent versions of Catalyse
en Control Panel but nothing seems to help.

Are you saying that BOTH 15 pin D-Sub AND DVI-D are connected to the card ?
You should only have ONE cable connected (DVI OR D-Sub)

Henk Janssen

Albert Pike said:
"Henk Janssen" <[email protected]> wrote in message

Are you saying that BOTH 15 pin D-Sub AND DVI-D are connected to the card ?
You should only have ONE cable connected (DVI OR D-Sub)

When I disconnect the D-Sub, there's no picyure at all. It seems that the
driver software doesn't detect the TFT connection.
Strange thing is that everything worked perfectly with only the DVI
connection unitl I updated the drivers.

Sparrow

I think you need to push the AUTO button when switching to dvi. That's what
I had to do when I first plugged in my 172T with dvi when I first got it. It
was plugged in and no video. I pushed the auto button and it recognized the
dvi and got the picture!

Henk Janssen

Thanks for your suggestion, but this doesn't do the trick either.
There seems to be no signal on the DVI connector.

Henk Janssen

I tried connecting the Samsung D-sub connector to the DVI-port on the Radeon
9000 with a D-sub to DVI convertor plug.
It worked. So apparently there is a signal on the DVI socket on the Radeon
9000.
Why doesn't the ATI Control Panel software "see" the TFT monitor on this
connector?

Albert Pike

Henk Janssen said:
I tried connecting the Samsung D-sub connector to the DVI-port on the Radeon
9000 with a D-sub to DVI convertor plug.
It worked. So apparently there is a signal on the DVI socket on the Radeon
9000.
Why doesn't the ATI Control Panel software "see" the TFT monitor on this
connector?

Sounds like either a loose connection or faulty DVI cable. Tried another DVI cable ?