Newsgroups and Vista

Gerry Cornell

Sluggo

Outlook Express does not work with Vista!

--

Hope this helps.

Gerry
~~~~
FCA
Stourport, England
Enquire, plan and execute
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dale M. White

I'm sure the tech meant Windows Mail. The steps are pretty much the same to
turn off sending in HTML format

Carl Burkhead, Jr

Bellsouth newsgroups.
I problem resolved today maybe.
If this POSTS then I will explain.

Sluggo

Carl Burkhead said:
Bellsouth newsgroups.
I problem resolved today maybe.
If this POSTS then I will explain.

Vista Home Premium Upgrade 32 bit.
Will not POST to Bellsouth Newsgroups but will download them.

Here is the remedy sent to me by Bellsouth Tech Support and obviously it
works and is a fix.

I believe I have found a resolution to your issues. It appears the new
Microsoft Outlook Express has defaulted all outgoing newsgroup posts to
a HTML MIME type rather than plain text. I don't know why this was done
in that manner, since HTML is generally prohibited on newsgroup servers,
but that appears to be the issue.

Testing on a Vista box I did the following to resolve the issue. In OE I
went to Tools, then Options, and selected the Send tab. From there look
for the newsgroup sending format (should be towards the bottom). Click
on the mail sending format box adn select plain text or uuencode. I
don't have the Vista box in front of me so I'm working on memory here,
but your goal is to avoid any HTML encoding on your outbound news posts.

We tested with both the default format that didn't work and the new
settings which did work. Be sure to delete any unsuccessful posts that
are still in your outbox before trying these new settings.

I hope this helps resolve your issues.

Thank you for contacting the new AT&T, now joined with BellSouth.

Ben Austin
Applications Support
BellSouth Shared Web Hosting Team