Newby Dee

Reaction score
Hi
As suggested thought I would introduce myself.
AS I expect most do, I stumbled on this web site, via a Google search, whilst trying to find the answer to a problem.
I like forums and subscribe to a few on various subjects, so hope this will also be another 'must view' and not TOO addictive.
I am a Senior Surfer, with a built to order 3rd PC. AMP Sempron. A new Canon Pixma MP500 printer scanner - not got used to that yet, although have successfully injected a black cartridge with new ink - I thought I was getting a printer which would have cheaper cartridges than my Lexmark, but find that MP500's don't have 'compatibles' - whys that?!!
I have just got through - well nearly- the transfer of ISP from wanadoo to Sky Broadband - another learning experience to share; using a Yahoo email address now finally linked to Outlook ( from OE - another learning exercise). Hence a problem with an error message 623 - more annoying than a major heartache.
Living in Essex UK (is this a UK or US forum?) with wife Jean - am whats called an empty nester - with 2 sons and 4 grand-kids off the home scene although nearby.
so
hello to all

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hello from another Ian here :D

It doesn't seem possible to get them for your printer as it most likely has an onboard chip to try and combat using cheap compatibles. You can probably refill them a good few times though and still have success :thumb:

Reaction score
Hi mate, and welcome aboard!

Tis indeed a UK Site - but all kinds and creeds welcome!
(Crunching appreciated, but not mandatory!)

Feckit - do your thang! ;)

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
Hello from another Ian here :D

It doesn't seem possible to get them for your printer as it most likely has an onboard chip to try and combat using cheap compatibles. You can probably refill them a good few times though and still have success :thumb:
Hi
Yes I found that they had a chip.
I have since found that Jtec do some compatibles/replacements but have never found them in any shops and they dont do mail order.
Perhaps its a question of waiting until a supply of empty cartridges are sent back.
I did find on a US forum a comment that ip4200, 5200, 5200R 5000 & MPpixma 530 800 800R 830 950 & ix 4000 & 6600 D were compatible but not sure if all these are in UK as well and I cannot go round PC World and open up the boxes!!!!!
Thanks for the welcome.
(BTW I cannot get this sites spell check to work so have fallen back on the Google one

Reaction score
Welcome to the Number 1 forum in The World:wave:

But be warned this place only has room for 1 mad person & it's me:rolleyes: :eek: :cool:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Hello & Welcome

happywave.gif

Reaction score
TriplexDread said:
Hiya Ian welcome to the site.

www.svp.co.uk sell Jtec cartridge replacements and refill kits try there? ;)
Thanks 3xDread
Seems a good site and bargains, but do not seem to offer the Jtec for my Pixma
regards ian dee

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
murdoch said:
But be warned this place only has room for 1 mad person & it's me:rolleyes: :eek: :cool:

Hey murdoch... you trying to usurp my position :p

Hiya Ian dee :wave:

Good to meet you :D
& don't worry, there's plenty of room for all us nutcases around here :nod:

Ask a Question