new to wmm, need help badly

G

amd athlon 64 processor, 3200+ @2.2 ghz
512 mb pc2700 ddr sdram
80 gb 7200rpm ultra dma hard drive

my presario came loaded with wmm2. i own a jvc gr-d33u mini dv camcorder. i am using a brand new firewire. during video capture i can control camera, however at the end of capture, "video not captured correctly, make sure device is configured correctly" error message is displayed. pc recognizes dv device, and is operating correctly. it is on video on cam. i got it to work one time so i know it can work. is there something i should know about temp storage files or save-to files. i think thats what i messed with when i got it to work, but now i'm going nuts!! i tried win dv, image mixer 1.7, renaming codecs, reinstalling directx 9, nothing seems to work.

like i said, it worked fine once after messing w/ files. then the next time (2hrs later) it would not work. this is making me crazy, please help...thanks

G

Graham Hughes

It's a bit hard to guess, but if you changed the place where the video files
were stored and it worked then try setting up a new folder on the desktop
and capture to this.
Also, defrag hdd before capture.
turn off all other apps, inc internet/a-virus/firewall/screensaver etc etc
Power the cam by the mains not battery.
If non of this works, then try setting a new partition on the hdd and use
this purely for capturing to, or if you have one use a seperate hdd
altogher.

graham

G

If your capture files are larger than 4 gig on a fat32 partition you'll get that error. I have some larger drives formatted as Ntfs drives to avoid that problem. This is just one reason you'd get that message though. set levels to capture up to a certain file size for your hard drive....or minutes of capture. Generally...i can get 17 to 18 minutes of capture and stay under 4 gigs.

Ask a Question