New site lookin reeeeeal goood

Reaction score
Just wanted to say i logged on tonight and i am pleasantly blown away. Great work PCReview and all involved.:bow::bow::bow::bow:

Smileys are just savage as well lol.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Glad you like it Captain Zed :D. There are still a few bits and bobs for me to fix, but it works for the most part :).

Reaction score
I'm finding it a little strange tbh but I guess i'm just used to the old site

Pretty much like driving a new car, take's a little while ;)

Looks good though Ian :D

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm finding it a little strange tbh but I guess i'm just used to the old site

It's strange for me too, especially when trying to find things in the same place as I have done for the last 5 years :lol:. In a couple of weeks I'm sure we'll all be adjusted :).

Reaction score
I`ve just opened up PCReview after a lapse of a few days,and I was very surprised to find that things had changed......for the better. I like it, you have done a good job,it looks so clean and fresh.
historian

Spezi

Wolf Cruncher
Reaction score
Nice remodel Ian. Well done. :thumb::cheers:

Last edited:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Ok, it's official.

I've been mooching about since it's inception but I've made up my mind.

I like it :)

Reaction score
Glad you like it Captain Zed :D. There are still a few bits and bobs for me to fix, but it works for the most part :).

Ian.
I really like the new layout. But what I`m getting is that when I click on a post I am getting the "The user menu" to gether with my avatar over laying the post it self. Is there any way I can remove it?
historian

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Ian.
I really like the new layout. But what I`m getting is that when I click on a post I am getting the "The user menu" to gether with my avatar over laying the post it self. Is there any way I can remove it?
historian

Hi historian, does this happen on all pages? It would be ideal if you could attach a screenshot plase and I'll take a look to see what the cause is :)

Reaction score
Hi historian, does this happen on all pages? It would be ideal if you could attach a screenshot plase and I'll take a look to see what the cause is :)

Hello Ian.
Thanks for the fast reply.
No it does not happen on all posts,as far as I can see it is only happening to only one post. And it`s a post in this section called "PCR Celebration" But as I type this out the user menu is overlaying this box so it`s covering over half of the "Smilies".
You ask me to send a screenshot of the page/s. Can you tell me how do I go about this please....and please make it simple.
historian

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
What resolution do you have at the moment, historian?

If you've got Vista or Windows 7, you can use the snipping tool to take a screenshot (tutorial), or you can press "print screen" on the keyboard and then paste the image in to paint. Once you've done that, save the image and then you can use the "manage attachments" button to upload it when replying to this thread :).

Reaction score
I like what you have done Ian. Pity you can't fix the country, too late for that now!

Reaction score
Hello Ian.
Sorry to be late with my reply.
I`ve tried both the methods you have mentioned but,as far as I can see, nothing has happened.
The other question you asked was about resolution. I sorry to appear dim but how to I find out that,maybe that is the problem.
historian :(:(

Reaction score
I haven't been here long enough to see what the older design looked like. Having said that, I like the current design. Nice one guys.

Reaction score
Hello Ian.
I`ve discovered the resolution of my computer.
I`ts 1024x768 high setting. The other one is:800x600 and that`s the lower setting. The one I`m using is the first one.
historian

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Sorry historian, I missed your last post. It's strange that it's the PC with the higher resolution causing the problem - which browser are you using and it is fully maximised?

Here's a video on how to use the snipping tool to take a screenshot of the problem - that should help me diagnose it :). You can them click "post reply" or "go advanced" in this thread to attach the file to your post.

Ask a Question