New Router Password Help!!

Reaction score
Hey,

I got a new Ipod Touch for xmas and really want to try out the Wifi on it. However, my parents have lost the password (wep key thingy) for their router. It's BT Broadband.

Any idea's how to reset and get a new password?

Thanks.

Bodhi

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
The best way would be to just delete the current WEP key on the router and set up a new one.

Reaction score
If its the default password then it will be on a gray sticker on the bottom of the router..If your folks changed the password and lost it, then they will need to call BT with account details etc to have it reset....

Reaction score
Great thinking Madxgraphics!! Password was on the router!!

Just want to let you all know that i'm amazed at how good the ipod touch is at browsing the internet!! Very pleased!! :)

Reaction score
bodhi said:
Great thinking Madxgraphics!! Password was on the router!!

Just want to let you all know that i'm amazed at how good the ipod touch is at browsing the internet!! Very pleased!! :)

No worries mate..Yeah they are great if you are close to your router, or in an area that has decent WiFi

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Madxgraphics said:
If its the default password then it will be on a gray sticker on the bottom of the router..If your folks changed the password and lost it, then they will need to call BT with account details etc to have it reset....
And here was me thinking he was talking about the wireless WEP key rather than the router access password...doh!!:rolleyes:

Reaction score
Adywebb said:
And here was me thinking he was talking about the wireless WEP key rather than the router access password...doh!!:rolleyes:

Well your answer was right in a way...Although to delete the key as you suggested would mean needing the password for the Admin Console..So together we answered the question for him...

Ask a Question