Wireless Broadband Problem

Reaction score
Hey,

If you can solve this you are a genius!!

My parents got rid of BT wireless broadband which was working fine because my mum works for BT and has started to work from home. So, BT put a dedicated line in for her which she uses for her fax machine, telephone and broadband. It comes with a USB modem and she has an icon on the desktop which allows her to "dial up" and then broadband is connected.

OK, so, i have a sony laptop with WIFI and would like to share this connection, so, i took the old wireless broadband router and plugged it into the dedicated line and i could pick up perfect signal, full strength. Problem is, i couldnt actually use the internet or anything, which i found strange as i had full signal etc.

Other problem is that my mum needs to use the internet on the desktop pc and her work laptop. Have a USB wifi adaptor thing for the desktop and she has a PCMCIA wifi card for the laptop, but im just not sure how to go about getting all this working together!!

Surely when i plug the wireless router in it sends out the signal etc, and then the computers just require to pick up this signal and roberts your fathers brother?? Who knows.

Any suggestions people??

Cheers, Bodhi.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
RTFM

happywave.gif

Works a treat here, damn good this one is, you do need to tell your lapie what the KEY is though. ;)

Ask a Question