What Broadband

Reaction score
Quick questions guys.

Im at home for the next month or two so need to connect my laptop to broadband. Dont want a 12 month contract, want any speed over 1Mbps and would like unlimitted downloads, well, i certainly dont want to get hit with a massive bill for going over my limit anyway!! :) Does anyone have broadband that sounds like this that they would recommend?

Also, for all you techy people out there. I used to have broadband here and have a spare wireless router. If i get broadband activated here, can i just plug in the wireless router instead of the crap free modem i get with them and then just use my Wifi enabled laptop to pick it up?

Cheers.

Bodhi

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
bodi - I think your going to struggle to get all the features you describe - most I've seen have monthly usage limits, and although have monthly rolling contracts - many still have cancellation fees due to having to pay BT a set-up fee.

Virgin.net do several with limits, but have cancellation fees.

Plusnet have a PAYG scheme, and good customer service.

SeriouslyInternet do no contract.

As regards the router - if its an ADSL Wireless Router it should be fine :thumb:

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Doesn't that include having to take their phone service as well?

Reaction score
Cheers boys, i'll have a look at plus net.

So if i get the basic broadband from them, i can just whack the old router onto it then yeah?

Ask a Question