New Pc's Keep Rebooting

Reaction score
I have recently bought 2 new PC's built for me by my IT outsource provider.

Both PC's use the same case, Sonata version 2.

Both PC's reboot spontaneously whenever anything is plugged into the front panel (USB or headphones etc) and have even been known to reboot when someone simply touches the case.

My IT provider seems uninterested in sorting this out for me so does anyone have any idea why this is happening? Could it be an earthing problem? Or a dodgy power supply maybe?

Any help greatly appreciated

Reaction score
Short Circuit

I have had similar problems to this before. I found that the motherboard was short circuiting with the case. Putting a peice of card underneth the motherboard solved my problem. Also make sure that you have the bios settings set up properly and make sure that the front panel ports are in the right socket on the motherboard and that it is in the right way round. Restarting when headphones are plugged in is strange as the computer doesn't really know when headphones or mics are plugged in or not. (Unlike usb)

Luke Stratton

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Take em back and tell him to sort them out . Thats disgraceful service and you could hardly call them built if they keep on failing .

nod.gif

Reaction score
Also, I have just remembered, my computer had the same problem except it crashed when something was inserted into the USB ports. This might sound silly but for some reason a BIOS update fixed the problem. Now my USB ports both work.

Ask a Question