Built my own PC!

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
I have finally built my own PC! :D

Being married to a geek has plenty of advantages, but one minor disadvantage is that he always does everything for me... We've both just had a major computer upgrade, and as Ian had plenty to keep him busy I requested that I do my own build.

So here are the components:

Corsair Obsidian 550D Mid-Tower Case
Intel DZ77GA-70K motherboard with Intel Core i5-3570K
Corsair TX750M PSU
MSI GTX 560 graphics card
Corsair 8GB DDR3 RAM
Intel SSD 520 Series 240GB

It was all very straight forward and took just over an hour. Although I have nothing to compare it to, the case seems to be very well designed. All worked beautifully, with plenty of space to keep the cables tidy. This thing is so quiet too! I can barely hear it. Compared with my last PC (P4 3Ghz) it's a drastic difference... although I find myself putting my ear right up to it just to make sure that the fans are still going!

Here are some pictures:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

My set up is now two Dell 23" monitors with the Tt eSports MEKA-G1 Mechanical Keyboard which I LOVE! It's clickety-clackety but in a satisfying way :) I find myself looking for excuses to type. It features Cherry Black keys which are my preference over the other types - they require more force than Cherry Red keys which are very light to the touch. This thing really is solid too, and features handy ports on the back for headphones / mic and USB.

Next stop, SKYRIM! :D

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 1,072
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 1,024
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 979
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 1,104

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Realised I hadn't attached them just after posting, and now my internet has ground to a halt... :blush:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Looking good Bex's very tidy too! :thumb:

But, i'm sorry you say your the one married to a geek? After reading that OP, i think its the other way around. :D

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Looking good Bex's very tidy too! :thumb:

But, i'm sorry you say your the one married to a geek? After reading that OP, i think its the other way around. :D

Ha ha!! :thumb: I don't know about that, I think he has just geeked me up a lot ;)

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Wow! Did it really only take an hour to build? That's amazing. It looks awfully good and so spacious inside; you seem to have so much less wiring than is in mine. I'm very impressed, jolly well done Becky.
smiley_highfive.gif

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Well done, shame more people don't build their own. :thumb:

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Thanks TC and muckshifter! :) It all just clicked together pretty easily... the wiring is all hidden behind the back plate!!

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
I find the most challenging part of a self build is the cable management. I am absolutely useless at it. Everything else is pretty straight forward and you could practically do it with your eyes closed. :D

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Well done Beck's

Looks like a super job too! :D hope you get lots of use out of it!

Reaction score
Congrats! :thumb: I bet the most exciting part was when you powered it up for the first time, and it actually worked! It sort of feels like bringing a new life into the world. For some of us anyway, it's the closest we'll ever get to giving birth :D

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Bloody well done! Now... all you need is to put the penguin in that box!
:bow:

Sounds a little bit cruel... but to be honest my cables are so tidy there is probably room for a small one ;) :lol:

Zema Bus - if giving birth took just one hour and involved no pain then I'm sure women of the world would rejoice!! I do know what you mean though, it was a nice feeling when I turned it on and it didn't blow up!

Thanks for the comments everyone! :cheers:

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
I did not know what to look at, you, the flowers or the PC. :lol:

I bet the feeling of accomplishing something that works is priceless. It sure is a very clean looking machine, and yes it would not hurt if you put a penguin in it just for fun. If your only browsing on the computer the penguin is a great and safe way to do it. :nod:

Wishing you many many happy hours of computing! :)

Ask a Question