new hard drive

chrismike

did a full system delete, so that cleaned the hard drive
right? repartitioned and formated the hard drive.
Placed the XP cd in drive and tried to setup. Then
computer restarted and NTLDR is missing
Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart. What is NTLDR and where
do I find it?

Kajetan

U¿ytkownik "chrismike said:
did a full system delete, so that cleaned the hard drive
right? repartitioned and formated the hard drive.
Placed the XP cd in drive and tried to setup. Then
computer restarted and NTLDR is missing
Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart. What is NTLDR and where
do I find it?

ntldr is a system file, used by Win in its startup process.
If you want to install windows using cd, change in BIOS system
boot sequence, first boot device should be your cdrom, not
harddisk.

did a full system delete, so that cleaned the hard drive
right? repartitioned and formated the hard drive.
Placed the XP cd in drive and tried to setup. Then
computer restarted and NTLDR is missing
Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart. What is NTLDR and where
do I find it?

.
Ok went in and placed the CD as first boot, floppy as
second, and hard drive as third boot device. I still get
NTLDR is missing. when booting from cd