New Boinc Version 5.4.9

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
OK - try downloading my one and see:

EDIT: Remember this is the Tweak only, not the new Boinc Version ;)

Attachments

• BOINC_5.5.0_SSE2.zip
    388.6 KB · Views: 211
Last edited:

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Good news, let me know if its OK on the PC too :thumb:

Mucks your download may be corrupt - I notice the file size is smaller than mine?

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
working like a charm, quite a big jump in CPU scores as well

went from around 1500 on whetstone and dhyrstone, up to

3984 Whetstone
11733 Dhyrstone

:eek:

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Lovely job - lets see those points come rolling in :D

chelseafc2005

Crunchtastic
Reaction score
just upgraded to the new boink on my system. Is there a tweak??

Also i forgot to benchmark before upgrading but my new socres on my x2 3800+ system is
3522 whetstone
11303 drystone

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Yep its in post #61 for your CPU ;)

Your benchmarking already seems very good - will be interesting to see what difference the tweak makes :thumb:

chelseafc2005

Crunchtastic
Reaction score
ok new benchmarks not much of a change i think i might have done somthing wrong and i thought i was installing the new boinc but i ust applied the new tweak to the old boink anyways it is all sorted now so here they are

3727 whetstone
12107 drystone

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
I thought that may be the case when I saw the benchmarks :)

They look good though :thumb:

Reaction score
Adywebb said:
Yep its in post #61 for your CPU ;)

Your benchmarking already seems very good - will be interesting to see what difference the tweak makes :thumb:

I just upgraded some machines today to the new BOINC before appling the tweak (including my initial WCG machine, still running the UD client!) but I can't say good things about the upgrade process. In one case, it wouldn't connect via the Manager until I uninstalled, rebooted, then reinstalled, and in another it hung completely, refused to uninstall (requiring manual deregister, file delete, and registry cleanup) and only then would 5.4.9 install and work. If you're upgrading, be careful, and ready to take drastic action.

I have no idea what that all did to my open work units, but I don't think it was positive. The new client does seem quite stable and has better information to report than the older client. I'll have to see if the tweak does its work, now.

Cheers
FB

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Sounds like a you had a few problems there Fred - hope things are OK now.

I have only upgraded one of my rigs at the moment, and it loaded over the old one perfectly and seems to be fine - I'll probably do the rest at the weekend :thumb:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
oops ...

Weeeell ... we have Bonkit on Vista and it has returned two WU errors so far and wants 29 & 14 points for the privilege :D

working on the third WU now.

If I get too many errors I'll give the UD version a tryout. :thumb:

user.gif

Reaction score
muckshifter said:
Weeeell ... we have Bonkit on Vista and it has returned two WU errors so far and wants 29 & 14 points for the privilege :D

Typical Microsoft - it isn't a bug, it's a feature!

I'm a bit worried that MS changed something, not so that it wouldn't work at all, but that it works and computes incorrectly.

I haven't had time to work with Vista as yet - overall, what's your impression?
Cheers
FB

Reaction score
Adywebb said:
Sounds like a you had a few problems there Fred - hope things are OK now.

I have only upgraded one of my rigs at the moment, and it loaded over the old one perfectly and seems to be fine - I'll probably do the rest at the weekend :thumb:

Everything looks stable, thanks! It looks like the tweak is helping points-wise, I've got one machine offline at the moment and still managed about 1000 more points yesterday than the day before.

Cheers
FB

muckshifter

Reaction score
Fred B said:
Typical Microsoft - it isn't a bug, it's a feature!

I'm a bit worried that MS changed something, not so that it wouldn't work at all, but that it works and computes incorrectly.

I haven't had time to work with Vista as yet - overall, what's your impression?
Cheers
FB
err, driving me nuts.
nod.gif

Reaction score
muckshifter said:
err, driving me nuts.
nod.gif

Well, that's what the pirate said...

"Hey, do you know there's a steering wheel sticking out of your zipper?"
"Yarr, I know, it's driving me nuts!"

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Downloading the new version now and will update it, not sure about the tweak. If anyone wants to say something, say it now.:D

muckshifter

Reaction score
Quadophile said:
Downloading the new version now and will update it, not sure about the tweak. If anyone wants to say something, say it now.:D
The tweak does indeed improve the 'score returns' at WCG, but you never get that score ...

There is a huge difference between Claimed & Granted, so much so, I never bothered to tweak the Vista PC.

Up to you, you may encounter a quorum of 3 who are also tweaked, but I've never seen it on my PCs. ;)

user.gif

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Mucks,

Just downloaded the new version which is 8.8MB whereas on the site it says 9.27 MB :confused:

I tried to download it again to replace the possibly incomplete file but again it says 8.8. I guess this must be correct. Can you confirm the file size?

muckshifter

Reaction score
Quadophile said:
Mucks,

Just downloaded the new version which is 8.8MB whereas on the site it says 9.27 MB :confused:

I tried to download it again to replace the possibly incomplete file but again it says 8.8. I guess this must be correct. Can you confirm the file size?
8.84 ... to be exact ... :thumb:

:D

Ask a Question