My Mobo

Reaction score
Well i have bad news.... well while i was at work one day my brother tried to turn on my computer and when he did he had a message come up saying my chipset fan has failed or is running to slow.. when i got home i started my computer up it worked fine. Now about 3 days ago i restarted my computer and i got the same response. well further looking i noticed the fan was seized up. about a week or so ago i took of the grill on the chipset fan was buzzing really loud. But when i was touching the chipset fan this peg broke off and now the chipset fan and heatsink is hanging off the chipset by a lil poeg and a spring.

Well then i started up my computer to contact asus and it froze within minutes and the computer shut off. now my computer wount even turn on it goes on for 1 second this shuts right back on right when it tries to "talk" to the mobo.. What should i DO??? i emailed them about maybe a RMA but man its a pain in the Butt and by the way its a A8N-Sli Deluxe great board before the chipset gave me problems.

Thanks Brett

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
you probably fried the chipset, they Nforce4 chips get incredibly hot

Ask a Question