Music. What are you listening to right now?

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
The actual music starts at 2:00 minutes, Pink Panther theme like you have never heard before.

Reaction score
BRILLIANT how do I download this onto my Music. have started to listen but have to stop at the moment as I have got to take she who must be obeyed to the station as she is going up to London for a Union meeting.

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
BRILLIANT how do I download this onto my Music. have started to listen but have to stop at the moment as I have got to take she who must be obeyed to the station as she is going up to London for a Union meeting.

I use an add-on in Firefox "Download helper" which does the job for me. :nod:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Here's a pleasant little tune from the mid-seventies. Always reminds me of Sidcup, cos that's where I was living when I first heard it. I still got the vinyl.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Here's a track from a band named The Only Ones who never really got famous but did and still do attract a cult following. I saw them at lots of venues late seventies/early eighties including the Camden Palace, The Marquee, The Rock Garden and the Golden Lion at Fulham, amongst others.

Not everybody's cup of char but I like them. I knew the band leader and singer Peter Perrett before he became semi-famous, I used to buy my drugs from him. Early one morning around 72 or 73 myself and my friend Terence ran out of puff so went over to Peter's for to buy some more. Outside we were apprehended by a young police constable who asked us what we were up to. 'Just visiting a friend' we replied. 'Oh' said the PC 'Actually I'm just bored, have you a cigarette?'

So we gave him a fag and I gave him a box of Swan Vestas matches to light the cig with. I noticed Terence go a whiter shade of pale as Mr Plod opened the box of matches. We all kept talking as cigarettes were lit and smoked and then the boy in blue went on his way.

After we were back on our own Mr Sweeney (for that was Terences other name) said to me 'Look in that match box'. So I did. Inside, nestling amongst the red-tipped matches were about half a dozen blues and a small lump of hashish (blues are amphetamine tablets, probably about roche 10 size). Now I went a whiter shade of pale.

'That's right' intoned Terence 'You offered an officer of the law enough drugs to have us appear before the beak at Greenwich on Monday morning.' But very luckily for us, the police officer in question didn't look in the matchbox at all.

And as realisation dawned upon us we fell about laughing. After that we bought some more illegal substance, went back to where I was living at the time and probably watched a Marx Brothers film on the telly.

(If I have related this tale before, forgive me, it's senility kicking in)

And more recently they reunited, I saw them at Camden around 2012. The drummer, Mike Kellie (formerly of Spooky Tooth) sadly died last year.

Here's a performance from one of those reunion concerts

Ask a Question