Multiple Viruses Windows 7

Reaction score
Hi guys i have a laptop that i am sure has multiple viruses, first of all i noticed that my gmail had sent mails to people on my addy book with a link for diet pills since then it has done lots of strange things like popups and taking me to random websites when im browsing. When i try to run Symantec virus scan it keeps redirecting me to another page so it's impossible to get the site up. . I have Trend AV on here that did not detect anything and although it says it's on when i run an online checker it tells me it is off so i think that is linked to the virus.

I ran a check using STOPzilla and found it to have viruses.

Normally in this situation i would wipe the PC and reinstall windows but i only have the recovery discs, so my question is if i recover the pc with the discs what are the chances of the virus still being on my PC?

Im thinking about going out and purchasing a copy of windiows 7 even though i have a license so i can sort it this time and in the furure.

Any sugestions?

Cheers Lee

Ad

Advertisements

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
With any sort of virus, just do a good old clean install :thumb:

Reaction score
Yeah thats what i would normally do but i don't have the Windows 7 disc just recovery discs. Wondering if i formatted first if the Recovery discs would boot or if i should go buy windows.

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Yeah thats what i would normally do but i don't have the Windows 7 disc just recovery discs. Wondering if i formatted first if the Recovery discs would boot or if i should go buy windows.

Recovery disks will do, just back up all yer data first

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
As you already have a legal copy of 7 you should have the registration code on a sticker on the pc. So you could borrow a 7 CD from a friend to do a fresh install. No need to buy another copy.

Go to the laptop manufactures site and see what information you can glean.

:user:

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
FSman,u av already anwered ur qst,just reinstall d OP system,windows 7 automatically installed all d driver,d only thing u av to look 4 is d sound driver,& u could even download dat from d net,just make sure u take all ur backups

Ad

Advertisements

Ask a Question