MSN Messenger - Microphone problem

G

Hi,

I have v6.1 of MSN Messenger.

I have bought a microphone and tested it withthe Audio/video wizard and everything does what it should do, HOWEVER, when I try and use the microphone to speak tomy buddies they can't hear me!

I have triedthe obvious - can anyone help?

G

Have you R.clicked the speaker by clock,open volume control,properties,
options,then select record,then check the box with microphone.Messenger
also has tools,options,adjust audio,mic utility.
These all work with 4.7 for xp,why you selected the msn explorer version(a dial
up internet connection) beats me!

G

Thanks Andre

I have tried all that and the mic option had already benn set under the advanced tab with mute turned off. The diagnostic check shows that the microphone is working but for some reason MSN Messenger displays the video but notthe audio. Very frustrating - any other ideas?

G

I have had this exact same problem and it was very frustrating. It has however now been resolved
Click "start
click "control panel
double click "network connections
right click on Local area connection, then go to "properties
uncheck "QoS Packet Scheduler
Restart compute
Then try messenge

This worked on mine. Good luck

G

I tried this, but it still doesn't work for me. When I go into MSN Messenger 6.1 and go to Tools-Options-Connection, it says that I am connected to the Internet through a UPnP port restricted NAT. I am pretty sure this is my problem as to why I cannot get my mic working, but I don't know how to fix it. Any ideas? I am so frustrated! Thanks.

Ask a Question