Windows XP MSN Messenger 7.5 - 80048820

Reaction score
OK this is doing my feckin' nut in people.

I can't seem to get MSN Messenger 7.5 to sign in automatically when loging on to machine.
It will work on an older version of msn.
Didn't really bother me until the missus said "MSN doesn't sign me in automatically any more. It used to"

That was until I updated it to 7.5.

I think it could be because it tries to sign in before it fully establishes a network connection and is a bit impatient compared to the older versions of the software where they just sit there for a bit longer while the network sorts itself out.

Is there a way of posibly delaying it to start messenger until network connection is established?

I've tried messin' about with various settings within messenger with no joy for instance the "Allow automatic sign in when connected to the internet"

Yeah right :rolleyes:

Cheers all,

Rich

Reaction score
I've found that it's my firewall causing the problem.
I'm using Norton Internet Security and with the personal firewall disabled permanantly and log back in it's fine. Auto logs in with no problems.

But even when the firewall is enabled and it doesn't auto login it will do it no problems when done manually.

I'm wondering if I can get msn to start after the firewall because at the moment it's one of the first apps to start.

I've downloaded Startdelay so I'll see if I can get that to make msn load after the Norton apps. But I would of thought if the firewall is disabled at the time of msn loading it would be ok. But then maybe while msn loading the firewall is in the background loading and prevent msn from going any further.

It's such a small issue but one that I have got to try and sort as it's really doing my head in. Maybe I should just use the old version of msn.

Fingers X

Cheers,

Rich

Ask a Question