Help re MSN Messenger

Reaction score
Hi, Hope someone will be able to help with the following problem. My friend has Windows XP. When she originally installed Msn Messenger 6.2 she had no problem until they brought in an upgrade. On trying to do this it somehow disable messenger completely. After several attempts and advice we downloaded 4.9 and up until now she has used that although 6.2 is still on the system but we are unable to remove it. Over the last week or so everytime she signed into messenger there was a message asking to upgrade to 7.5 Knowing the problems she ignored the upgrade notices but then she wasn't able to sign in on 4.9. Tried to upgrade to 7.5 and since any version of messenger but received the following message: Cannot access network connection. Any help would be much appreciated as I think if I spend anymore time on this I shall be bald!!

Thanks in anticipation

Smug

Reaction score
Thanks for reply but have already tried that and same message comes up re cannot access network connection.Have disabled Norton whilst trying to install messenger but with no luck.

Smug

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Try un-installing.

There is a couple ways to uninstall MSN Messenger. One way is too run this command from; Start | Run

Code:
RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %windir%\inf\msmsgs.inf,BLC.Remove
... copy-n-paste the code so you don't make a mistake. ;)

Ask a Question