Windows XP Cant log in to msn on my laptop

Reaction score
Hello all. I/anyone am currently unable to log into msn rom my laptop. I/anyone can log on on any other computer we use though.

When trying to log in to msn explorer i get the message:
"We are unabe to sign you in. There may be a problem with our service or your internet connection. Please try again later"

When trying to log in to msn messenger i get the messae:
"Signing in to .NET messenger service failed because the password is incorrect or he sign-in name does not exist.If you have forgotten your password....."

I am using messenger 4.7 but have tried to use updated ones also, but they do not work either. Tried removing/reinstalling. No joy.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Mike

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Do you have a firewall enabled on your laptop, and do other internet applications work?

Reaction score
I have tried to logg in with the firewall completly disabled, still no joy. Everything else to do with the internet is fine.

Cheers

Reaction score
I have also tried to windows update but it is not allowing me the active x conrols. I have changed the security settings on the active x side of things but it still says that "your security settings do not allow web sites to use active x controls installed on your computer. this page may not display correctly. click here for options"

I have followed the help solutions but am stll getting the same message and cannot update.

Is this all part and parcel of the same problem to do with the msn problem???

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
You need the 'latest' version (7?) for it to work with .NET ... MSN insisted everybody had to 'upgrade' or they would loose connection to their 'old' service.

XP needs to be 'updated' to use .NET ... you should get that off Windows Update Site, use the custom button, but go back and get the update to the update err, not sure if there is 3, but keep going back untill there are no more updates.

... this may help with MSN
http://messenger.msn.com/Xp/Default.aspx

:)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Under Internet Options > Security > Internet, what level is it set to? (in IE)

Reaction score
Hello, all my level are now set to default. I have tried and tried and it is really getting to me now. It happened all of a sudden without me changing/installing anything. I have tried my security on the lowest setting and still nothing. Bear in ind that I can get on any other website its just I cant get into msn messenger/explorer or windows update.

Ask a Question