Outlook MS Outlook not responding

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've just re-installed Office to get Powerpoint, which I didn't install originally and now MS Outlook doesn't respond for about 1 minute when previewing or opening an e-mail?

Has anyone had this before?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Just noticed, it also happens when creating a new e-mail. :(

CITech

Offshore Crunchie Eater
Reaction score
Hi Ian

Have you tried running the "Detect and Repair" facility in the HELP section of the Outlook toolbar. I know this is in Office 2003 but I'm not sure which version you are running.

I had a problem with InBoxer last night and it seemed to sort it out for me, so it might be worth a shot.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Yup, its 2003 and tried that :( MSN Messenger seems to be effected too for some reason now!

I've narrowed it down to HTML e-mails in Outlook, so I disabled word as parsing them, but it still doesn't work.

CITech

Offshore Crunchie Eater
Reaction score
Is it trying to use word as the e-mail editor as opposed to the inbuilt Outlook function?

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Well, in the fist place you did not need to "re-install" ... simply go to add & remove programs and you could have added it ... go there anyway as you should be able to do a repair.

;)

CITech

Offshore Crunchie Eater
Reaction score
muckshifter said:
Well, in the fist place you did not need to "re-install" ... simply go to add & remove programs and you could have added it ... go there anyway as you should be able to do a repair.

;)
Oh Mucks, dont go winding Ian up! :D Thats like suggesting he shuts the gate after the horse has bolted!

It's good advice for anyone who might read this thread BEFORE attempting the installation.:thumb:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Well you were right CITech, a detect and repair did it after I uninstalled MSN Messenger :) Everything seems to be working now (fingers crossed!).

CITech

Offshore Crunchie Eater
Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
Well you were right CITech, a detect and repair did it after I uninstalled MSN Messenger :) Everything seems to be working now (fingers crossed!).
That was a stroke of luck Ian, glad it worked out.

I know these little things can be a right royal pain in the butt when it's something that you use lots.:mad:

Keeping my fingers crossed for you!:thumb:

Dave

Ask a Question