MS Digital Image Library 2006

Reaction score
I am trying to see my downlaoded video clips from my camera in MS Digital Image Library. I cannot see them and do know if they have even been downloaded with all the stills that I downloaded at the same time. Can anyone help? Thanks, Brian :confused:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hi Brian,

Which operating system are you using - XP? The MS Digital Image Library software has been discontinued for some time, but we may be able to suggest something else if you let us know your OS and camera model.

Reaction score
Hi Ian,
I am using Windows XP (service pack 2 or 3??) and the camera is a Fugifilm Finepix S2000HD. Would be grateful for your help.
Thanks
Brian

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm not sure how the MS Digital Image Library software works, but you should be able to plug your camera in to your PC using the USB cable, then you can browse the removable drive manually to see if you can find your video files.

If you're not prompted to browse the camera memory card when you plug the camera in, press Windows Key + E and you'll fire up Windows Explorer. You can then navigate to the removable drive (probably the last drive letter) and copy your pictures/videos over manually. If you need to find just the video files, you could try sorting the files by size as the videos will most likely be the largest ones there.

It's not quite what you asked for, but as I've never used that software it's the only way I can think of recommending where you can be sure you've got the video files.

BTW - if you're looking for a replacement application, Google Picasa can import pictures/videos and it's a pretty good tool (and free):

http://picasa.google.co.uk/

Reaction score
Hi Ian, Thanks, I wil try both avenues. Not sure where to put new photos - in MS Library or start a new folder for Picasa?? I see that Picasa does not store photos, but gets them from other folders, and I assume I should continue with loading new photos into the MS Photo Library but accessing them via Picasa. Regards. Brian

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Personally, I'd try to store everything in the "My Pictures" folder as that is where most apps will look for your photos. If your MS Library isn't there already, then you should be able to move them there for future use.

Reaction score
Hi Ian, I have downloaded Picasa and it is working fine, including the video clips. I will take a look at where to store the pics whoich are at present stored by the MS Picture Libvrary in the My Pictures library. I presume that I can store them there using any software. Thanks for your help. Brian

Ask a Question