Monitor

Reaction score
I got 2 Plannar(1700) flat monitors, the LED light was flashing GREEN and Amber, as suggested to reset the monitor, did that but now I can only get it to view when I plug in to VGA, but when I plu in a DVI-D port it gets no signal..any thouhgts?

Reaction score
Do you have any options to switch between the Analogue and digital inputs?

Although it's usually automatic

Reaction score
I do have that under the VGA mode, I tried to switch but it hits automactic once I set it......

Reaction score
I was unclear about something, this is the same monitor, it contains connection for a VGA and DVI-D ports. This is why I cant undertsnad that i works OK on VGA and not on DVI-D. We got about 75 monitors of the same kind they all work under DVI-D mode. Our warranty ran out about 2 years ago, maybe I am thinking that the DVI-D port went bad on the monitor.

Reaction score
A proper DVI cable that came with the monitor, we had to buy an adapter to connect DVI cable to VGA, so it would go to the VGA port on the monitor.

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Should be DVI to DVI and not a mix. That could be the reason for your connection promlem and not getting the signal. Unless I understood it wrong from your explanation.

Reaction score
DVI to VGA is only being used Quad because the DVI port on the monitor will not display a signal or any kind so I understand

So my next question is have you checked for broken pins in cables and port on rear of monitor

Reaction score
Good question, will check the Monitor DVI Pins, cable is fine becasue that was my first thought that the cable went bad, so I tested with another Monitor it it came up fine....

Ask a Question