Mini Apple iPad to launch at £179 on 12th September

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
It looks like Apple will be releasing a smaller version of the Apple iPad on 12th September which will retail at £179. Kit Guru has more:

"With original Apple founder in control, Apple would say no to small iPad. But with new boss man in charge the company is looking at a global economy and making the tough choices. Smaller iPad is one of these choices and the choice has been made.

When OEM manufacturers in China look at tablet PCs they are thinking only of the profits that can be made from selling the device. This is logical but very simple thinking.

Apple is making a big margin on the hardware from Foxconn but that is only the start of the profit. After you have an iPhone or iPad you can begin to buy more apps from the app store and the profit Apple makes from one customer keeps on growing and growing.

We have spoken with our contacts here in China and can confirm that Apple has set the launch date as Wednesday 12th September, but the production has been a little slower and is not ready until the first week in October.

Apple leader Tim Cook is looking at Google Nexus 7 and similar products which are pushing for a price of £150. Apple is counting on superior brand name and ability to sell apps after initial purchase to offer a 7″ iPad Mini for just £179."

You can read their article here.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I've been very much looking forward to this date. Rumours are pointing to this being the date they announce the New iPhone too, along with a new iPod of some kind i think...

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
At that price point, it becomes tempting to a heck of a lot more people...

I'd love to know how much it actually costs to make one of these things.

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score

I'd love to know how much it actually costs to make one of these things.

Probably a hell of a lot less than they charge for it. You only have to strip down a Mac Pro or Macbook Pro and see the parts in there. Foxconn Motherboard not exactly the most expensive on earth :D

Ask a Question