Microsoft wireless keyboard & mouse - New PC

Reaction score
Hi

This is my first time on forum, can any body help with this?

I have just bought a new PC Fujitsu AMD 64 3800+ x2 with XP home pre-loaded, everything works fine except when i transfered my Microsoft Wireless Comfort Keyboard & Laser 6000 mouse from my other PC.

The keyboard works fine, but the mouse will not work with the Keyboard plugged in. If you unplug the Keyboard the mouse will start to work..Weird?

So at the moment i have a wireless keyboard and a wired mouse!....

Thanks

Danny

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Hi dannyw, welcome to the forums :)

I'm a bit confused - both the Keyboard and mouse are wireless, but you can plug/unplug the keyboard - surely if the keyboard is wireless it doesn't plug in anywhere :confused:

Do they have independent receivers, or do they come together with one receiver?

Does the receiver/receivers plug into the PC via USB or PS/2?

Reaction score
Hi Adywebb

The Keyboard & Mouse were bought as a Mircosoft package and have what looks like one receiver, but there are two wires going into it.

One of the connectors is a normal keyboard type (PS/2?) and the mouse is USB. It's really odd because if i plug another usb device (printer) into the port i have just taken the mouse from it works fine, likewise if i unplug the wireless keyboard the mouse will start to work.

My new computer has a AMD64 processor, therfore do you think the drivers are OK as i got them with the wireless package which i bought about nine months ago? Although my old PC was running XP Home.

Thanks

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I ued to have one of those MS KB and mouse combo's, i had both plugged in via ps/2.

Your not 'hot swaping' them are you? not good, pc should be off before you unplug the mouse and/or KB. ;)

Have you tried pressing the 'connect' button on the bottom of the mouse, kb and reciever? Did you install the drivers for the kb and mouse?

Ask a Question