Microsoft update

I am trying to run Microsoft update and keep getting this message. Can anyone
tell me what to do?

[Error number: 0x80072EFD]
The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are
trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the problem.
For self-help options:

Frequently Asked Questions

Find Solutions

Windows Update Newsgroup
For assisted support options:

Microsoft Online Assisted Support (no-cost for Windows Update issues)

Read more about steps you can take to resolve this problem (error number
0x80072EFD) yourself.

Alan Edwards

Try here first:
http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/troubleshoot/

If not, then please repost in the update group. Microsoft personnel
are there to help solve update problems.
(They may be swamped, so please be patient)

Server: msnews.microsoft.com
Newsgroup: microsoft.public.windowsupdate
or try this URL

....Alan

TaurArian

Error: 80072EFD = ERROR_INTERNET_CANNOT_CONNECT
Translation: Cannot connect to the Internet server

When accessing the Update site, you receive the 0x80072EE2 or 0x80072EFD error.
http://update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/v6/showarticle.aspx?articleid=32&ln=en&IsMu=False

You may receive an "Error 0x80072EE2," "Error 0x80072EE7," "Error 0x80072EFD," "Error
0x80072F76," or "Error 0x80072F78" error message when you try to use the Windows Update
Web site or the Microsoft Update Web site
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=836941

Finding a solution for the 0x80072EFD error
http://www.updatexp.com/0x80072efd.html

See also:

When searching for available updates on the Update site, you receive the 0x8024502d
error - WinXP.
http://update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/v6/showarticle.aspx?articleid=26&ln=en&IsMu=False

If you need further assistance, post to the WU Newsgroup as suggested for Alan.

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia
http://taurarian.mvps.org/index.htm