Windows Update problem Details inside

I have tried to stop the windoes update feature using Start-run-CMD then
Net stop wuaserv

after deleteing the software distribution files and restarting the winupdate
feature using CMD again instead of sucess i recieved this error

The automatic update service could not be started.

A system error has occurred.

system error 10022 has occurred.

An invalid argument was supplied.

When Trying to run windows update from the site itself it will go to where
it says express or custom updates and when it goes to update it stops and says

[Error number: 0x80072EFD]
The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are
trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the problem.
For self-help options:

Frequently Asked Questions

Find Solutions

Windows Update Newsgroup
For assisted support options:

Microsoft Online Assisted Support (no-cost for Windows Update issues)

Read more about steps you can take to resolve this problem (error number
0x80072EFD) yourself.

I tried the assistance instructions given for both related article and still
have not been able to resolve this issue. If anyone could please help i
would greatly appreciate this also i tried the automatic assistance for this
issue and it ran most of the way through. When it got to checking the HOSTS
file it errored with a non specific error. My hands are tied as to what this
could be.

NOTE___ I have only just reinstalled this HD i had to reformat due to a
rogue virus that attacked about a week ago. It shut out 486 files in under 1
minute and would not allow me to restart in safe mode to try to delete it. I
did have trend micro internet security installed before and it found the
virus as soon as it started to attack. Once i reformatted and installed
everything seemed fine. I do have antivirus, antispam, and firewalls on this
computer to protect it. I use CA INTERNET SECURITY through Insight
Communications. Thanks for helping

Tiff

TaurArian [MS-MVP]

Unfortunately I don't have an answer for you Tiffania but I have xposted this to the WU
Newsgroup.

Windows Update newsgroup:
(OE newsreader)
or
(Web)
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/...=microsoft.public.windowsupdate&lang=en&cr=US

--
====================================
TaurArian [MS-MVP] 2005-2007 - Australia

|I have tried to stop the windoes update feature using Start-run-CMD then
| Net stop wuaserv
|
| after deleteing the software distribution files and restarting the winupdate
| feature using CMD again instead of sucess i recieved this error
|
| The automatic update service could not be started.
|
| A system error has occurred.
|
| system error 10022 has occurred.
|
| An invalid argument was supplied.
|
| When Trying to run windows update from the site itself it will go to where
| it says express or custom updates and when it goes to update it stops and says
|

| [Error number: 0x80072EFD]
| The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are
| trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the problem.
| For self-help options:
|
| Frequently Asked Questions
|
| Find Solutions
|
| Windows Update Newsgroup
| For assisted support options:
|
| Microsoft Online Assisted Support (no-cost for Windows Update issues)
|
| Read more about steps you can take to resolve this problem (error number
| 0x80072EFD) yourself.
|

| I tried the assistance instructions given for both related article and still
| have not been able to resolve this issue. If anyone could please help i
| would greatly appreciate this also i tried the automatic assistance for this
| issue and it ran most of the way through. When it got to checking the HOSTS
| file it errored with a non specific error. My hands are tied as to what this
| could be.
|
| NOTE___ I have only just reinstalled this HD i had to reformat due to a
| rogue virus that attacked about a week ago. It shut out 486 files in under 1
| minute and would not allow me to restart in safe mode to try to delete it. I
| did have trend micro internet security installed before and it found the
| virus as soon as it started to attack. Once i reformatted and installed
| everything seemed fine. I do have antivirus, antispam, and firewalls on this
| computer to protect it. I use CA INTERNET SECURITY through Insight
| Communications. Thanks for helping
|
| Tiff

Robert Aldwinckle

TaurArian said:
Unfortunately I don't have an answer for you Tiffania but I have xposted this to the WU
Newsgroup.

Windows Update newsgroup:
(OE newsreader)
or
(Web)
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/...=microsoft.public.windowsupdate&lang=en&cr=US

--
====================================
TaurArian [MS-MVP] 2005-2007 - Australia
====================================
How to make a good post: http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
Backup and data recovery: http://www.acronis.com.sg/
Enhancing file system performance: http://www.diskeeper.com/defrag.asp
Defending your machine: http://defendingyourmachine2.blogspot.com/

|I have tried to stop the windoes update feature using Start-run-CMD then
| Net stop wuaserv
|
| after deleteing the software distribution files and restarting the winupdate
| feature using CMD again instead of sucess i recieved this error
|
| The automatic update service could not be started.
|
| A system error has occurred.
|
| system error 10022 has occurred.
|
| An invalid argument was supplied.

I suspect a typo... ; )

---

Hello, I have this update problem with Vista Home Basic. I cant Update
Microsoft, and Windows Defender, Since May 8,2007. I read forums and other PC
owners are having allof the same problems. Why does'nt Microsoft correct
these Problems ? Everything that I try to do to correct these problems, does
not work ? They must read te forums, and they don't try to help. Thank You !